Monday, August 29, 2011
Students in Mr. Baum's 1st hour Fine Arts Survey Class discussed the components of a good beat then tried their hands at composing their own beats setting Shel Silverstein's poetry to music. Enjoy!
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
RB Musicians shine outside the walls of RB!
- Drum Major Vicki Curtin marched her way into the top 8 marchers at drum major camp during the final march off.
- Anna Menendez won a scholarship. She was named Camper of the Week at Laurence University’s summer music camp. This honor grants Anna a scholarship to the camp next year, it also grants the same scholarship to another RB student!
- Adrienne Witek Also attended Laurence University’s camp and was placed into the top Theory Class.
- Mitchell Herman attended Oberlin’s summer music camp and studied electronic composition.
- Lucia Mancini, Molly Chaney, and Kelly Haughland all attended the Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp.
- Maurice Hubbard was chosen to play in this summer’s Rockford Youth Symphony.
- Andrew Payton attended the Indiana University College Audition Prep. Camp and was named the top Tuba player at the camp.
- Cassidy Fritsch attended a camp organized as a joint effort between Curtis Music Conservatory, Julliard, and the Manhattan School of Music. While there, Cassidy was named first chair oboe in the top band, and first chair Cor Anglais in the top orchestra.
- Cathryn Cowell was chosen to represent America in the international Flaud Competition in Ireland. She competed among the world’s finest Irish fiddle players!
The marching band practice that was scheduled for tonight has been canceled due to schedule conflicts. Next week’s practice has been moved to Wednesday to avoid the same schedule conflict. The practice will be from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM. It is imperative that everyone be present at this practice as it’s our only practice since camp prior to our first game.